Sunday, March 20, 2016

Cordoba, Spain


I arrived in Cordoba in the morning, I had taken a 3 hour bus ride from Granada.  If any of you know me, I pretty much caught up on my Lonely Planet cities, read a bit of my book, put my music on and passed out for the rest of the ride.  


walking the bridge 


Alcazar gardens
streets



Alcazar


Mosque
St. Pattys Day beer
When I arrived it took me a bit to find where I was staying, the streets are a bit of a maze.  When I did, I then headed out to explore and first walked down to the water and walked across the beautiful bridge overlooking the city.  I walked to the cathedral, not gonna, lie I´m getting a bit ¨catheral´d out,¨ but of course it´s a must see.  I walked over to the Alcazar de Lost Reyes and took a tour through that (getting a bit ¨castled out,¨as well) but it was beautiful to see them both. 

That night I went out to an Irish bar for St. Patty´s Day, which surprisingly was a bit too crazy for me.  Lots of techno and lights, which I´m not a huge fan of but it was fun. 





The next day I walked around, ate in some of the plazas and people watched and tried some more delicious tapas, wine and beer.  
 

After, I headed to the train station for my trip to Toledo.  The train from Cordoba to Madrid was about 2.5 hours and about 30 min by train from Madrid to Toledo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment