Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Playa Maderas





(Sorry I haven't posted lately... we headed out to an area with no internet, phone service etc. No means of communication, and I must admit I kinda like it. Its a bit cool not having to/ wanting to get online and check my email or facebook.)

This was written Sunday Night:
Last night we ended up going out to a couple of local bars/clubs. Today we got up and went to the market for a cheap and local breakfast. Then we checked out and got a shuttle to Playa Maderas, about 25 back road, bumpy minutes from SJDS, where most of the the good waves and surfing takes place. We got a cute little private villa on the beach just steps from the bar/restaurant. I went swimming, wrote in my journal and took a nap on the beach, its truly a paradise here.

After laying on the beach for a few hours, we went back to our room, laid around in some hammocks for a while, met some really awesome people and then decided to get ready for dinner. As we were walking to a place to look at a menu we ran into this guy we met earlier at his camp ground. He's from Canada where he is a chef 6 months out of the year and camps out in Nicaragua the other 6 months. He cooked us dinner at his tiki-like kitchen and after we made “smores” for dessert, Adrienne and I toasted the marshmellows... and he made the beautiful, luxurious looking sweet treat, like I've never seen a smore before, delicious

Then we headed back to our place, chatted with more people while looking up at the beautiful, clear sky full of stars, like nothing I had ever seen before. I could get used to this...


No comments:

Post a Comment