Sunday, October 10, 2010

Geysers and hot springs



Waking up at 4am was not easy today, but we did it and it sure was freezing. It was about 17 degrees when we left out hostel and it felt like it got colder once we got out to the desert where the geysers were. We traveled about 2 hours outside of San Pedro and were right on the border of Bolivia at a geyser field with about 80 active geysers which was pretty cool. I stuck my hand in the geyser water and it was scolding hot but felt kinda good because my hands were numb.

Then we headed to some natural hot springs and I forgot my towel but I had my bathing suit so I jumped in anyway and it felt soo good, until I got out, but it was worth it.


After lunch we sat down to discuss and plan out the rest of our trip. We realized its a bit of a journey to get to Machu Picchu from Cusco and that if we make the stop in Arequipa we probably wouldn't have enough time at Machu Picchu. We have decided to skip Arequipa and go straight to Cusco.

We get on the bus here at San Pedro, take an 8 hour bus ride to Tacna. Then take a taxi to a bus to Cusco making that trip about 15 hours totaling 23 hours blah, not looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment