Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adios Mendoza

Today we had a pretty busy day. We were planning to stay here another night but decided we want to get to Buenos Aires so we are taking an overnight bus tonight that should be about 13 hours. That being said we had to squeeze everything we wanted to do in Mendoza into one day.

So today we had breakfast in the hostel which was delicious the host made “pancakes” which were more like long apple dumplings... very yummy.



Then we walked around the city a bit, not much to see then we went to lunch and had empanadas and a delicious pizza. Then it was off on a 4 hour wine tour. Most of it was Spanish speaking so we were having some trouble with what was being said. On two of the tours their was someone there to translate for us. We went to 2 different wine vineyards, an olive oil farm and an animal farm. It was all very interesting I was very interested in the vineyards. We got to taste some amazing wines, reds were my favorite of course. We bought a bottle of Malbec which Mendoza is best known for, called Baudron from the Laerado winery... cheers Kristina.



I'm excited to get to Buenos Aires which is supposed to be the “party city”. It's also known to have many people who have plastic surgery there as well... should be interesting... maybe I'll come back with a new or enlarged body part, just kidding mom. I'm also interested to see if the fashion there will be any different, so far I'm not impressed with the dress of the South Americans... step it up here people.

Now that being said, I'm heading to Buenos Aires... “party city,” I may not be online for a bit, so bare with me. I'll write as soon as I can. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment