Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Back to Madrid

Last night I met up with Doofan and Javier for a delicious dinner, ¨close to where I´m staying,¨(just teasing you Javier).



art exhibit

palace
 Today I went to the Palace of Cibeles went to the top of the Palace for the  Mirador de Madrid , with amazing views of the city.  


Plaza Mayor







Within this palace there were art exhibits by new unknown artists, which were probably my favorite exhibits on this whole trip.  My favorite exhibit was titled, ¨persons with disabilities in everyday life.¨   The photographs were beautiful.  I wanted to take pictures of them all.  There were other interesting exhibits and paintings as well.

Buen Retiro Park
Then I headed to the outdoor café called Gran Cefe De Gijon, which is one of the oldest cafes in Madrid.  It was such a pleasant day to sit outside and enjoy lunch and some wine. 


Buen Retiro Park was next on my list of things to do, which reminded me a lot of Central Park.  I hung out here for a bit then walked around some more, just getting lost on streets away from all the tourists. 


Since I had hit all the ¨must do,¨spots and had done lots of walking, I figured why not do a little restaurant hopping and get some coffee, wine and tapas along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment