Monday, March 21, 2016

Toledo, Spain

Ok, I won´t say it anymore.  The most beautiful city I think I have ever seen, (besides NYC of course) Toledo, Spain.
Ready to zip line


I took a 2 hour 30 min train ride to Madrid, then a 30 min train ride from Madrid to Toeldo.  Immediately I knew I had fallen in love with this city. 


zip lined over this river





nerves before zip lining


I dropped my things and headed out to explore.  I did a 2 hour walking loop around the city with the most amaznig views I have ever seen.  I also came upon a zipline over the river, which is the longest urban zip line in Europe.  For 10 euros I couldn´t pass it up.  It was thrilling!


As I contiuned my walk every time I¨d get up over a hill or a turn a corner, the views just took my breathe away.  I kept thinking, it can´t get any better and it did!

sardines
bull tail
For dinner I went to this amazing restaurant called Kumera, possibly the best food ever I got a delicious glass(or maybe bottle, but who´s counting) of red wine, Rabo de toro (bull tail) and anchoas con pan de cristal (anchovies on bread with tomato) which was a ridiculous combination.  It was so freakin good.  I then went to a nearby bar and had some beers before heading back toward the cathedral to get a night view.

 Today I walked around the city more, to the Sinogaga Santa Maria, Monasterio San Juan Los Reyes, the Alcazar and past many more beautiful churches.  I also tried the cities specialties of croquettes with ham, rabbit with garlic sauce and marzipan, which I wasn´t really a fan of, it was too sweet.



carcamusas
For lunch I sat outside at a local spot called  Ludena.  I happened to walk by it last night and people were spilling out onto the street trying to have dinner here, so I went back for lunch.  I had a delcious meal called carcamusas, the chef´s special signature dish, which was small pieces of pork cooked in a tomato sauce with peas.  So good, I never want to leave this place!  


No comments:

Post a Comment