Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Segovia, Spain

suckling pig


Aqueduct of Segovia

Can´t get enough of this view








Today I took a day trip to Segovia, which is about an hour away from Madrid.  Fantastic city with great views and delicious food and wine.  
 
not a bad pit stop


Castle ceiling


Segovia is famous for its love of the pig, cooked in a million ways. Roast suckling pig, cochinillo, is a delicacy in Segovia, which I had right when I got there and it was amazing.  


Cathedral of Segovia
I got to see the amazing Aqueduct which is the most important Roman monument in Spain, it was incredible, thought to have been constructed during the 1st century AD.  


Sleeping beauty castle
Then I walked to the Alcazar of Segovia, which was the inspiration of Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle.  It was so cool.  This was one of my favorite castles so far, the ceilings, the floors, the details and views were phenomenal.

 
Castle of Segovia
I walked around for almost 6 hours passing beautiful cathedrals including the famous Cathedral of Segovia known as the ¨ Lady of Catherdals¨.

wine and cheese with a view

obsessed with this beauty

Beautiful view with the Cathedral in the back




There is also a great variety of cheeses and wine, which I got as a snack before heading back on the bus to Madrid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment