Monday, March 14, 2016

Goodbye Barcelona

Last night I went out with some friends that I met on a tour to some local bars and ate tapas and more papas bravas and cava of course.  

Today I woke up and walked to the market to try a local place recommened to me in Mercat De La Boqueria called Quim right off the Rambla.  This market is the largest market in Spain.  It´s gorgeous.  They have fresh fruits, dried fruits, fresh juices, meats, wine, beer, cheese, restaurants, seafood, just about everything.



Since it was 10am I figured I´d grab breakfast and thought it was a bit early to drink, but quickly realized I would have been just about the only one not drinking.  "Peer pressure" kicked in and  I got a glass of cava rose with my delicious meal.  




The Bocaquim may be the best hot sandwichs I have ever eaten! It's the perfect combination of toasted bread, caramelized onion with Modena balsamic, asparagus, egg, and pork loin. I'm already craving it again!


After breakfast, I walked around the market then I sat in the Rambla and people watched before heading on a Gaudi walking tour.

I must say as much as my friends and I (Julia and Ash) make fun of selfie sticks, travelling solo this thing has come in handy!!! 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment