Saturday, March 12, 2016

If you have bread, olive oil and wine, you don´t have to worry about anything else- Spanish quote

Ok, I could get used to this.  Places closing in the late afternoon for a few hours, taking a siesta, then going out for a late dinner and staying out till the early morning.  Drinking coffee in the plazas and just relaxing.  Roaming the streets, meeting new people.  This is the life.




Papas bravas and salmon toast w. red wine(of course)















I met up with an old friend from NYC who moved to Barcelona about 6 years ago and just had a son.  Her flat is gorgeous, it was really cool to see how the people here live.

Something I found interesting, her son is one and a half and already in school.  The children here start school at age 1 and moms and dads are able to head back to work.  He has 8 other children in his class, they are learning English, Spanish, Catalan and Japanese, which they will benefit from with the the large Japanese population in Barcelona... two words I´m jealous(os is that considered 2.5 words hehe).  Wish I was one and learning 4 languages.




My friends thought I was crazy, living in NYC for so long and never having tried churros.  I was a bit glad I hadn´t.  There´s a famous churro place across the street from where I´m staying.  Warm, sugary, fresh, sweet, delicious.  Of course you have to get the hot chocolate to go along with it, which is more like mud chocolate, but perfect on a chilly night. 


So far the food has been pretty good lots of tapas,  bread, potatoes (papas bravas), meats, fish(lots of shellfish which I´m allergic to).  Have yet to try paella, maybe I´ll try that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment