Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sevilla, Spain

After the Gaudi tour, I went to place with a lunch special.  You get an appetizer and an entree one drink and dessert for $16USD.  My app was pasta, my entree I got sausage and potatoes and I asked for vinto tinto.  When I came back from the bathroom there was a bottle on the table.  I clarified with the server, and she said, "for you the bottle is included."  I'm not one to waste alcohol, so we'll just say I was feeling pretty good after that lunch.

My last night in Barcelona I met up again with my friend Erinn and her husband and baby.  We went out to a restaurant had some delicious wine and food.  *FYI the computer I'm typing with has a very tricky keyboard and an automatic spell check for Spanish so please excuse any grammar, spelling, punctuation errors etc. 

I was sad to leave Barcelona the next morning and I was really sad once I saw them setting up the streets for the Barcelona marathon.  I would have loved to cheer those runners on.  Got to the airport had a quick hour flight to Seville *aka Sevilla in Spanish.

I dropped my pack, met this Canadian guy staying where I was staying so we headed out and grabbed some tapas and beers.  He's super cool and been traveling the world so far for 18 months!! So cool *mom you think I travel long

After that, I walked all around the city, admiring the locals leaving church and the fantastic fashion of the children.  The restaurants, heladarias, parks, coffee shops, streets, everything was so lively and crowded.  I walked to the bullfighing plaza, the Plaza de Colon *Christopher Columbus plaza, walked over the bridge to Triana admiring the beautiful streets.  It's almost eerie how quiet the streets get around 5, when everyone heads home to siesta. 

Looking forward to some Flamenco dancing, more yummy food, exploring and people watching of course!





No comments:

Post a Comment