Thursday, April 18, 2013

Surf N Turf

Another day, another motorbike rented, with me as the now “semi-pro driver!"  You have to ride a motorbike or rent a car if you want to get around this island. All the beaches are very far apart and it is too hot to walk.








Today we set off early so I could get the good waves to surf. We went to a beach where I had to hire a private boat to take me out, and since Adrienne doesn't surf, I went out with a girl from Sweden to a reef break about 15 min. from land. There were a few other surfers there, it was a pretty different experience surfing out in the middle of the water instead of surfing a beach break.  

After about 2 hours surfing I headed back to land and Adrienne and I took off to another beautiful beach, secluded beach, where we just chilled out for the rest of the day. We were there for my favorite part of the day when the sun is going down, and the temperature is beginning to cool of, when the beach is so peaceful. We began talking to some locals, who were there with their babies, which we of course adored. Within a few minutes we were holding and playing with them in the sand. Then we headed back to Kuta Beach to grab some dinner. Flight to the Philippines tomorrow!

Renting a motor bike for the day... $5
Renting a surf board for 2 hours... $5
Renting a private boat for 2 hours... $5
Banana Milkshake... $1
Mahi Mahi w/fries... $2.60
Traveling the world... PRICELESS


No comments:

Post a Comment